- Our commitments
- We help
- They need you
- About the Luxembourg Red Cross
Protecting your personal data is important to the Luxembourg Red Cross. This document is intended to inform you about the use that the Luxembourg Red Cross makes of your data and the rights that you have.
We process your data in order to provide services and care for you, but also to organise our activity and its financing, in accordance with the laws and regulations applicable to our activities.
Data processing varies according to activity (e.g. traceability of blood donations, medical follow-up of patients, provision of care, supervision of children, social follow-up of beneficiaries of other services, organisation of training) but is always done in compliance with legal obligations, in the context of the execution of a contract or pre-contractual measures with you, or in the legitimate interest of the Luxembourg Red Cross.
In accordance with the law, the Luxembourg Red Cross only collects the data necessary for the execution of its missions. This data is generally the data that you have communicated to us. Other data may be generated or collected in the course of your relationship with the Luxembourg Red Cross.
Your data is kept for the time necessary and at most for the period provided for by law (i.e. up to 10 years after the end of our relationship for certain data).
The Luxembourg Red Cross treats your data confidentially and only shares it with third parties when necessary and in accordance with the law. These third parties may include other Luxembourg Red Cross entities, competent administrations and authorities and service providers. Your data will remain within the European Union or countries offering a similar level of protection.
In accordance with the law, you have the following rights:
– The right to information. We hope this document has answered your questions. For any further information, you can contact our data protection officer.
– The right to access your data. You can access your data by contacting the data protection officer. Please note, however, that in accordance with the law, we will ask you to specify which data or processing operations your request relates to.
– You have the right to rectify your data if it is incorrect or out of date.
– The right to lodge a complaint with the “Commission nationale pour la protection des données” (CNPD) if you consider that the processing of your data does not comply with the law.
In certain cases and under the conditions laid down by law, you also have the following rights:
– The right to request the deletion of your data.
– The right to request the limitation of the processing of your data.
– The right to object to the processing of your data for canvassing purposes or for any other legitimate reason (unless there is a legitimate and compelling reason for the Luxembourg Red Cross to continue processing).
– The right to portability (i.e. copying on a machine-readable medium) of the data you have provided to the Red Cross, insofar as this is technically possible.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, you can contact the Luxembourg Red Cross Data Protection Officer by e-mail at: email@example.com or by post :
LUXEMBOURG RED CROSS
44 boulevard Joseph II
BP 404 L-2014 Luxembourg