- Our commitments
- We help
- They need you
- About the Luxembourg Red Cross
Protecting your personal data is important to the Luxembourg Red Cross. This document is intended to inform you about the use that the Luxembourg Red Cross makes of your data and the rights that you have. As a member of a local section of the Luxembourg Red Cross, you are required to provide us with your personal data. This notice is intended to inform you of the use made of your personal data and the rights you have.
We process your personal data in the context of volunteer management, i.e. recruitment and selection of profiles, administrative management of volunteers, including management of contacts in the local sections, possible payment of allowances, management of relations with social security and insurance organisations, the development of your skills and the management of your training, management of physical access to the premises and electronic access to the computer systems of the Luxembourg Red Cross, the planning of your volunteer activities and monitoring of the time invested as a volunteer for statistical purposes as well as the recognition of years of volunteering and establishing certificates.
This processing is carried out within the framework of the execution of the volunteering agreement or on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Luxembourg Red Cross.
In accordance with the law, the Luxembourg Red Cross only collects the data necessary for the execution of its missions. This data is generally the data you have communicated to us (your surname, first name, address, etc.). Other data may be generated or collected in the course of your relationship with the Luxembourg Red Cross.
Your data is kept for the necessary period and for a maximum of 10 years after the end of our relationship for certain data.
The Luxembourg Red Cross treats your data confidentially and only shares it with third parties when necessary and in accordance with the law. These third parties may include other Luxembourg Red Cross entities, the competent administrations and authorities, such as the “Centre Commun de la Sécurité Sociale” or the “Administration des Contributions Directes”, as well as service providers, particularly in the context of IT outsourcing. In the latter case, we ensure that your data remains in the European Union or countries offering a similar level of protection.
In accordance with the law, you have the following rights:
– The right to information. We hope this document has answered your questions. For any further information, you can nevertheless contact our data protection officer.
– The right to access your data. You can access your data by contacting the Volunteer Coordination Service or the data protection officer.
– The right to rectify your data if it is incorrect or out of date.
– The right to lodge a complaint with the “Commission nationale pour la protection des données” (CNPD)if you believe that the processing of your data is not in accordance with the law.
In certain cases and under the conditions laid down by law, you also have the following rights:
– The right to request the deletion of your data.
– The right to request the limitation of the processing of your data.
– The right to object to the processing of your data for canvassing purposes or for any other legitimate reason (unless there is a legitimate and compelling reason for the Luxembourg Red Cross to continue processing).
– The right to portability (i.e. copying on a machine-readable medium) of the data you have provided to the Red Cross, insofar as this is technically possible.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, you can contact the Luxembourg Red Cross Data Protection Officer by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post :
LUXEMBOURG RED CROSS
44 boulevard Joseph II
BP 404 L-2014 Luxembourg
In order to comply with the regulations in force, we undertake to update this information notice whenever necessary.