Mission of the Adoption Service
This page and its content is under construction and will be rewritten
The Adoption Service is an intermediary in matters of national and international adoptions. It provides support upon request to :
- Children up for adoption ;
- Parents eligible for adoption residing in Luxembourg , regardless of nationality ;
- Adopted children ;
- Adoptive parents ;
- Biological parents looking for advice.
It aims to give :
Adoption candidates and adoptive parents :
- Information regarding national and international adoption;
- Orientation depending on the applicant’s situation;
- Evaluation of suitability for adoption by a multidisciplinary team;
- Preparation for the specifics of the adoption;
- Monitoring of the adoption file;
- Supervision during the matching of the child;
- Follow-up on the development of the adopted child and guidance for the parents.
- Support during the adoption process ;
- Monitoring during adoption ;
- Support in the search for his or her origins ;
- Counseling and referrals to specialists.
Biological families :
- Counseling ;
- Job coaching and guidance ;
- Information on the aftereffects of adoption ;
- Psychological support ;
- Support during the possible search for their child.
The service guides everyone interested in adoption.
Find detailed information regarding national and international adoption :