First Aid Training Program
The program offered by the Red Cross is the same as the program foreseen in Luxembourgish legislation.
Basic course in First Aid
- general principles and legal context of first aid;
- basics of accident and injury prevention;
- safe approach of an accident or emergency scene;
- wounds and wound care;
- burn injuries;
- post-traumatic infections;
- bleedings and bleeding-control
- alteration of the level of consciousness;
- cardio-respiratory system;
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) of adults and introduction to the use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and an introduction to pediatric CPR;
- musculoskeletal trauma;
- exposure to pharmaceutical active substances and poisoning;
- environmental trauma: heat and cold;
- patient handling and transport.
Orientation Course – First Aid techniques
This course addresses the following topics:
- Wounds and dressings;
- Burn injuries;
- Bleedings and bleeding-control;
- Alternation of the level of consciousness;
- CPR (Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) of adults and use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator);
- Musculoskeletal trauma.
First Aid Refresher Course
This program is defined according to the needs of the participants.