The Luxembourg Red Cross’s clinic for sex workers provides the services and infrastructure required to welcome the people in need of the facility. From medical supplies to a comfortable environment, everything is available to offer sex workers (female and male) a user-friendly and warm space which provides them with what they need.
The spacious facilities include :
- A needle exchange outside the building ;
- A cafeteria with television ;
- A lounge ;
- A rest room ;
- Showers ;
- Lockers ;
- Fully equipped doctor’s surgery.
The service also provides the necessary resources for the sex workers to communicate, rest, cook, wash, do laundry, or get changed. The following are also provided: telephones, microwaves, loan of towels and hygiene products, washing machines, lockers, etc.
They can get health prevention supplies (condoms, lubricants) on a daily basis, and cleaning supplies and underwear on a weekly basis.
Qualified and motivated staff are available at all times to ensure comprehensive follow-up care for users of the service.
The staff are particularly dedicated to their role as objective listeners and provide a non- judgmental welcome to everyone who uses the facility.
The staff includes :
- One teacher ;
- One social worker ;
- A socio-educational assistant ;
- Two nurses ;
- Individuals who provide assistance during opening hours ;
- A psychologist attached to the drop-In centre who works on an appointment basis ;
- A social worker who is available without appointment on Wednesdays from 7-9pm.
Twice a week, the drop-In team goes out onto the streets to meet directly with sex workers to give them information, condoms, lubricants and, in winter, hot coffee.
The drop-In dispensary is 100% registered for its basic operations.