In accordance with the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the Luxembourg Red Cross meets the physical , psychological and social needs of vulnerable people to enable them to live independently and with dignity. By rallying humanitarian support, the Luxembourg Red Cross responds to situations of vulnerability, and rescues people in distress through exemplary, efficient and responsible action both in Luxembourg and abroad.
“Aide internationale de la Croix-Rouge luxembourgeoise “ (Luxembourg Red Cross International Aid) is a non-profit organization since January 2011. It replaced the “Fonds d’aide et de Développement de la Croix-Rouge luxembourgeoise pour la Coopération avec le Tiers Monde “ (Aid and Development Fund of the Luxembourg Red Cross for Cooperation with the Third World) which was created in 1989.
The association has set a goal to organize all activities in cases of emergency and development through cooperation of the Luxembourg Red Cross in the following areas :
- Aid relief, rehabilitation and disaster prevention assistance;
- Development of cooperation and aid;
- Development of awareness and education;
- All other activities in humanitarianism.
The Association performs all operations that will contribute to the attainment of its goals.
Among the members of the Association:
- Members of the Board of Directors of the Luxembourg Red Cross,
- Alternatively, members of the Executive Committee of the Luxembourg Red Cross.
The Council meets every two months. Decisions in meetings are carried via a majority.
The management of the association include:
- The implementation and management of non-emergency projects (development or recruitment of staff for projects)
- The development, implementation and management of urgent projects.
Board of Directors of the International Aid Red Cross Luxembourg asbl.
|Robert Goerens||Chairman of the Board of Directors|
|Robert Scheueren||Treasurer of the Board of Directors|
|Marc Crochet||Secretary of the Board of Directors|
You can read our constitution and our annual reports by clicking on the following links: