Camp counselor training
Be a camp counselor at the Red Cross vacation camps!
Are you motivated? Do you want to be involved? Are you ready for a great experience? Participate in an interesting training course and become a camp counselor at the Red Cross vacation camps. Do you have friends who think likewise? Contact us! We look forward to meeting you!
Programme formation animateur 2015 – 2016 (PDF – 283 Kb)
Training program structure
The “Assistant camp counselor” and “camp counselor” training is a three part structure:
- Assistant camp counselor in recreational activities, certificate B
- Camp counselor in recreational activities, certificate B
- Continuing Training (certificates E + F)
Requirement for starting the certificate B “Assistant camp counselor:”
- Must be at least 15 years old.
Requirements for acquiring the certificate B “Assistant camp counselor:”
- Meet-and-greet weekend (choice of weekend)
- Two training weekends (choice of weekend)
- Ten day minimum vacation recreational activities in a camp
Requirements for acquiring the certificate C “Camp counselor”
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must have completed the “assistant camp counselor in recreational activities” training
- Three training weekends (choice of weekend)
- One training week “camp counselor”
- Ten days minimum vacation recreational activities in a camp
The continuing training (certificates E + F) is geared towards the camp counselors who have completed the training. Please contact us for more details on this program. It is up to the individual to participate in more than just the required training weekends and weeks.
Where can I register?
Are you interested in a job as a camp counselor, a training session, or both? Please call us at 2755-6202 or send us an email.
What is the age requirement?
To participate as a camp counselor in a vacation camp you have to be at least 16 years old. You can then be in charge of children 4 to 7 years old. If the children or youth are older, the minimum age of the camp counselor has to be between 17 and 21. You can start participating in training sessions when you are 15 years old.
Training fees are €15 per day, unless otherwise stated (a weekend starts Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon and counts as 1 day). The price of the training days is paid back as you participate in a vacation camp.
More information for voluntary work possibilities: www.fraiwellechwell.lu
Your opinion matters to us. That’s why we provide you with a suggestion box where you can send us all your questions, queries, or suggestions that can help us improve our services.