If you would like to devote some time to those who are elderly, ill, and/or disabled to improve their quality of life, we invite you to participate in the Luxembourg Red Cross’s “Eng Hand fir déi Krank” service.
To participate you must :
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be available a few hours per week
- Attend a 26-hour training course that is offered by an interdisciplinary team made up of Luxembourg Red Cross staff
- Complete a 4-hour observation internship in somebody’s home or inside an institution in order to practically apply the theory learned
At the end of the training you will receive a diploma.
Two training courses are held in Luxembourgish at the “Centre Intégré pour Personnes Agées (C.I.P.A.)” – “Centre Grande-Duchesse Joséphine-Charlotte de la Croix-Rouge » in Junglinster.
Being an “Eng Hand fir déi Krank” volunteer means that you :
- Voluntarily and gladly participate
- Are motivated
- Are a good listener with experiences to share
- Can cope with senility, disease, disabilities and loneliness
The volunteering service is here to deliver a great quality of life and accompaniment of lonely people. The care and household work is covered by the . Assistance and Care service.
The volunteer will be reimbursed for costs related to their activities (transportation, parking, shopping, etc.)