The Luxembourg Red Cross’s ambulance service, recognised by the Caisse Nationale de Santé, guarantees assisted ambulance transportation in Luxembourg as well as abroad, along with its presence at sports and cultural events.
This service is targeted toward hospitals as well as at private citizens, offering them a specialized means of transportation. Its professional teams are comprised of 8 professionals and roughly 50 volunteers of all ages who have been trained as first-aid workers.
Volunteers for the Luxembourg Red Cross’s ambulance service are trained by first-aid professionals and Red Cross volunteers and attend a first-aid course held by Luxembourg Red Cross volunteer instructors.
Red Cross ambulances guarantee the transportation of people in the following cases :
- patient transportation to the hospital, doctor, or professional health careprovider;
- transfers from one health care establishment to another (counseling, hospitalisation, convalescence, etc.);
- inter-hospital transfers;
- medical transport via specialised ambulances;
A quality service :
- Punctual escorts who are available and attentive;
- Qualifications recognized by the 112 service and the professional Luxembourg City firefighters;
- Lifelong learning with continued updates of knowledge and regular validation of competences;
- Long distance vehicles and cutting-edge medical infrastructures.
Ambulance service contacts
- Tel. : 2755 4400
- Contact Information
Presence at sports and cultural events
If the organiser already has a professional heath service provider (doctor or nurse) available at the event, he or she may ask for an ambulance with a specialised team.
For large-scale events, organisers can ask for one or more first-aid tents with all the necessary material for their functioning.
Collaboration with the Luxembourg City Ambulance Service
The volunteer first-aid workers guarantee emergency interventions and transportation of injured people in cooperation with the professional Luxembourg City firefighters on weekends (from 8 pm Friday to 8pm Sunday) and during bank holidays.
Blood and organ transportation
First-aid ambulance workers are responsible every third week of the month for transferring blood from the Red Cross’s Blood Transfusion Centre to different hospitals in Luxembourg.
The service is also qualified and equipped for organ transportation in preparation for transplants.
The Luxembourg Red Cross ambulance service has signed several agreements with partner organisations.
For the mobile unit “MoVe” :
- Registration administration (vehicle availability);
- Grand Duchy Police (motorbike maintenance);
- Autocenter Goedert (supplies bikes with clothes and helmets);
- Euroline SA (offering motorbikes/bikes marking);
- Adolf Hisgen Ltd (supply of motorbike helmets).
- The Red Cross Blood Transfusion Centre for blood delivery and transportation;
- The Red Cross’ “Aidsberodung” for management of the intervention vehicles’ maintenance and their cooperation in the “DIMPS” project (mobile intervention unit for the promotion of sexual health);
- Professional Luxembourg City firefighters in order to guarantee ambulance interventions.
Prices and repayment conditions depend on the service(s) provided. The ambulance service is at your disposal for any further information.